Why Choose Beckman Coulter as Your Service Package Provider?
Beckman Coulter, as the original equipment manufacturer (OEM), is the only provider authorized to furnish the technical support and expertise required for on-site, full-service maintenance-including preventive maintenance-of your Beckman Coulter equipment.
As the OEM, only Beckman Coulter can provide the resources needed to maintain your equipment, including:
- Trained and experienced personnel,
- Proprietary tools
- Engineering upgrades (for safety or performance),
- Diagnostic equipment,
In addition, Beckman Coulter, as the OEM, established the benchmark for servicing your Beckman Coulter equipment.
Why Choose a Beckman Coulter Service Package?
The primary benefit of a service agreement for your Beckman Coulter equipment is peace of mind. Rest assured knowing the Beckman Coulter team is dedicated to ensuring the optimal health of your equipment.
With an active service agreement, you are entitled to hotline support 24 hours a day, 7 days a week (24x7 support), and the cost of labor, travel, and service parts, as described in your support agreement.
Total Service Agreement Service Package Benefits
|Beckman Coulter Total Service Agreement Benefits|
|Entitlement Category||Types of Offerings||Total Service Agreement|
|Installation||Delivery, Installation, Verification and Implementation of Instrument/Instrumentation Purchased||✔|
|Technical/Field Support||Live Technical Phone Support (Hotline) 24x7||✔|
|Assay Test Menu Expansion Installation and Implementation for Purchased Assays||✔|
(8x5) 8:00am-5:00pm, Monday-Friday
Extended Weekday Service Hours
(12x5) 8:00am-8:00pm, Monday-Friday
Weekend Service Hours
(8x7) 8:00am-5:00pm, Monday-Sunday
Extended Weekend Service Hours
(12x7) 8:00am-8:00pm, Monday-Sunday
|Total Coverage (24x7)||Additional Fee|
|Investment Protection||Preventative Maintenance||✔|
|On-site Repair (includes labor/travel)||✔|
|Operational and Safety Improvements*||✔|
Remote System Monitoring, Diagnosis and Repair
(only available on supported instruments - installation of PROService required)
|Training||Key Operator Training||✔|
|*Cat 1/2 Mods provided to all customers. Cat 2 Mods are billable to T&M customers.|
The following services are excluded from the Total Service Agreement:
- Moving, decontamination, de- installation or re- installation of covered equipment
- Uninterruptible power systems, line conditioners, water or air systems and consumable items.
- Additional application services post go-live.
- Laboratory Information Systems consultation or troubleshooting.
- Third-party manufactured products such as computers, workstations, and servers, that are no longer supported by their original manufacturers.
- Damage to instruments resulting from
- fire, explosion, flood, or the use of contaminated fluids or chemicals not intended for use in the covered equipment
- misuse, abuse, negligence, negligent operation or care, or improper storage of such equipment
- the use of parts, supply items, accessories, reagents, or unauthorized modifications not manufactured or sold by Beckman Coulter
- repair by persons other than personnel authorized by Beckman Coulter, unless such repair by others is made with the written consent of Beckman Coulter
- environmental conditions outside the equipment’s operating range, such as temperature, humidity, space, and electrical supply
- Holidays, unless a total 24x7 service plan is purchased. Please refer to the list of holidays Beckman Coulter observes
Time & Materials Option
With the Total Service Agreement for your equipment, you can mitigate risk and control unplanned service costs. Beckman Coulter offers you the flexibility to choose a support level that meets the needs of your laboratory. If you choose, Beckman Coulter can provide services without a Total Service Agreement, on a Time & Materials (T&M) basis.
Time & Materials Policy
- Beckman Coulter will provide the recommend preventative maintenance schedule and pricing upon request
- Beckman Coulter will notify the customer of all regulatory modifications (category 1) and schedule installation when required at no charge to the customer. All other modifications will be billed to the customer
- A valid, authorized purchase order (PO) number will be required prior to dispatching scheduled or unscheduled service. It is the responsibility of the customer to ensure that individuals requesting service are authorized to contract for services on behalf of the customer
- The customer shall provide contact info (name, email address and phone number) of the person authorizing charges
- Beckman Coulter will provide the customer a copy of the service order and invoice detailing all charges
- All charges shall be paid on a net-30 basis
|Benefits of Total Service Agreement vs. Time & Materials|
|Entitlement Category||Total Service Agreement||T&M|
|Technical Phone Support||Unlimited free phone support||Additional fee for technical phone support beyond warranty period|
|On-Site Service||No PO needed||PO needed|
|Field Service Engineer Dispatch Priority||First priority||Second priority|
|Preventative Maintenance||Scheduled and performed by Beckman Coulter to optimize performance||Scheduled and arranged by customers|
|Invoicing||Costs associated with emergency service calls (parts, labor and travel) are covered under service agreement||Customer is liable for all costs associated with emergency service calls (parts, labor and travel)|
Let Us Help You Elevate Performance and Advance Patient Care
We are committed to assisting you in protecting your equipment investment and maintaining the highest possible quality of your laboratory results. Have a question regarding service agreements? Simply call us at 800.526.3821.