Clinically effective for improved patient care
Available for the first time on an automated clinical chemistry platform, the procalcitonin assay offers laboratories the ability to provide sepsis testing through a simple clinical chemistry menu addition.
- Immunoturbidimetric methodology provides accurate and precise results when compared to the current predicate reference method† for consistent interpretation of results
- Fast test results (8.5-minute assay measure time) enable rapid turnaround time
- Wide measuring range of 0.20–52 ng/mL encompasses the clinical decision levels for sepsis
Designed for workflow efficiency
The easy-to-use PCT assay protocol helps laboratories maintain a seamless process flow.
- Ready-to-use liquid reagents load directly onto the clinical chemistry analyzer, requiring fewer operator tasks
- Calibrator and quality control material are separate for convenience and high-quality results
- Serum or plasma (lithium heparin or EDTA) sample types allow for rapid processing of patient samples
An option for workstation consolidation for lower costs
Adding procalcitonin to the menu of your current clinical chemistry analyzer is an efficient way to offer sepsis testing in your laboratory without the need for a more expensive, dedicated platform.
- Reduce operational expenses associated with a dedicated, separate workstation (reagent, consumable, service and maintenance costs)
- Maximize reagent utilization and minimize waste with the PCT assay's extended open-bottle stability of 28 days