The following services are excluded from DxS Service Agreements:
- Moving, decontamination, de-installation or re-installation of covered equipment.
- Uninterruptible power systems, line conditioners, water or air systems and consumable items.
- Additional application services post go-live.
- Laboratory Information Systems consultation or troubleshooting.
- Third-party manufactured products such as computers, workstations, and servers, that are no longer supported by their original manufacturers.
- Damage to instruments resulting from:
- fire, explosion, flood, or the use of contaminated fluids or chemicals not intended for use in the covered equipment
- misuse, abuse, negligence, negligent operation or care, failure to complete operator required
maintenance, or improper storage of such equipment
- the use of parts, supply items, accessories, reagents, or unauthorized modifications not manufactured or sold by Beckman Coulter
- repair by persons other than personnel authorized by Beckman Coulter, unless such repair by others is made with the written consent of Beckman Coulter
- environmental conditions outside the equipment’s operating range, such as temperature, humidity, space, and electrical supply
- Holidays, unless a DxS Service Agreement with 24/7 coverage is purchased. Please refer to the list of holidays Beckman Coulter observes.
Time & Materials Option
With the DxS Service Agreement for your equipment, you can mitigate risk and control unplanned service costs. Beckman Coulter offers you the flexibility to choose a support level that meets the needs of your laboratory. If you choose, Beckman Coulter can provide services without a DxS Service Agreement, on a Time & Materials (T&M) basis.
Time & Materials Policy
- Beckman Coulter will provide the recommended preventative maintenance schedule and pricing upon request.
- Beckman Coulter will notify the customer of all regulatory modifications (category 1) and schedule installation when required at no charge to the customer. All other modifications will be billed to the customer.
- A valid, authorized purchase order (PO) number will be required prior to dispatching scheduled or unscheduled service. It is the responsibility of the customer to ensure that individuals requesting service are authorized to contract for services on behalf of the customer.
- The customer shall provide contact info (name, email address and phone number) of the person authorizing charges.
- Beckman Coulter will provide the customer a copy of the service order and invoice detailing all charges.
- All charges shall be paid on a net-30 basis.
|Benefits of DxS Service Agreements vs. T&M|
|Entitlement Category||DxS Service Agreements*||T&M|
|Technical Phone Support||Unlimited free phone support||Additional fee for technical phone support beyond warranty period|
|On-Site Service||No PO needed||PO needed|
|Field Service Engineer Dispatch Priority||First priority||Second priority|
|Preventative Maintenance||Scheduled and performed by Beckman Coulter to optimize performance||Scheduled and arranged by customers|
|Invoicing||Costs associated with emergency service calls (parts, labor and travel) are covered under service agreement||Customer is liable for all costs associated with emergency service calls (parts, labor and travel)|
Let Us Help You Elevate Performance and Advance Patient Care
We are committed to assisting you in protecting your equipment investment and maintaining the highest possible quality of your laboratory results. Have a question regarding service agreements? Simply call us at 800.526.3821.
*Differences may exist in coverage between DxS Service Agreement types (e.g. Protect, Prevent).