Small sample volume requirements make the StatSpin MP ideal for finger-stick procedures, reducing the labor and expense of venous blood collection. It’s fast and separates samples in a fraction of the time required by other systems, providing quality serum or plasma separations in 30 to 120 seconds. This whisper-quiet system produces nearly vibration-free operation.
The versatile StatSpin MP is instantly adaptable to blood separations, urine sediments, hematocrits and LipoClear and meets international safety standards.
With simple microprocessor controls and self-diagnostics, this easy-to-use system reduces the chance of operator error. Investing in a cost-effective StatSpin MP centrifuge strengthens your laboratory’s fiscal goals by improving your pre-analytical turnaround time, increasing worker efficiency and supporting multiple applications in one system.
- Blood separation: Perform quality serum or plasma separations with a spin time of only 30 to 120 seconds
- Lipemic sample clearing: Clear lipemia from 0.5 or 1.5 mL of serum or plasma with LipoClear simply and effectively. Samples require a quick five-minute room temperature incubation followed by a 95-second spin. The prefilled, ready-to-use tubes are non-toxic with a one-year shelf life
- Urine sediment: The unique micromethod correlates with standard procedure and requires only 1.5 mL of urine. Filling and decanting is easy with pre-calibrated conical flip-cap tubes. The “Urine Sediment” mode takes only 45 seconds
- Hematocrits: The StatSpin MP offers a whisper-quiet, two-minute spin for 12 tubes at a time. Choose from glass or easy-to-read SafeCrit plastic tubes (plain or heparinized). An inexpensive, hand-held reader and illuminating digital reading station are also available.
- Preset run cycles for simplified operation
- Instant rotor change without tools
- Patented drive that minimizes vibration and noise
- Cover interlock system for operator protection
- Membrane touch panel, microprocessor control
- Transparent cover with easy-to-use latch
- Chamber gasket that minimizes aerosols
- Coated steel interior for easy cleaning
- Small footprint of less than 7 inches (17.8 centimeters) of bench space
- External power supply for centrifuge and digital reader for installation flexibility