Healthcare professionals are faced with a variety of significant fastidious pathogens where resistance to an extensive number of antibiotics is rapidly on the rise. This can lead to complications, ranging from pediatric ear infections to life-threatening conditions, such as meningitis or sepsis. For appropriate antimicrobial therapy, accurate minimum inhibitory concentration (MIC) testing should be assessed for all significant isolates.
- Provides comprehensive coverage of all streptococcal species including S. pneumoniae, beta and viridans streptococci
- Supports testing of Haemophilus* spp. (outside the U.S.)
- Tests inoculums prepared using the turbidity method to meet your laboratory's needs
- Enables select from two panel configurations, ensuring appropriate formulary coverage
- Allows users to automate processing on a MicroScan WalkAway plus system or interpret panel growth manually