Resistance to a wide variety of common antimicrobials has made the spread of ESβL-producing strains a global health concern, and the CDC classifies them as a serious health threat. Although routine testing of clinical isolates for ESβL production is no longer required by the CLSI, testing is still useful for epidemiological or infection control purposes. Accurate detection of ESβL-producing organisms can be a clinical problem; timely detection is required for successful infection management.
- Satisfies CLSI recommendations for confirmation testing of E. coli, K. pneumoniae, K. oxytoca and P. mirabilis in a convenient MIC-only panel format
- Provides susceptibility results for recommended therapeutic agents for ESβL-confirmed isolates
- Supports testing of other ESβL-producing Gram-negative bacteria (outside the U.S.)
- Facilitates the study of other types of β-lactamase production in Gram-negative bacteria, such as ampC (outside the U.S.)
- Offers manual processing to provide flexibility for any laboratory
- Enables the use of either the Prompt™* or turbidity inoculation method for workflow flexibility